Based from: Ideally Exeter, Plymouth or East Devon with the ability to attend meetings remotely or face to face (as agreed with the LGB)
Salary: STC Grade 4 SCP10-13 £21,695-23,023 FTE (£11.69-12.40 per hour)
Hours: Negotiable and could range from 5-30 hours per week for 39 weeks per year
Closing date: 9am, Wednesday 25th May
St Christopher’s Multi Academy Trust is a family of 18 church and community primary schools across Devon, Plymouth and Torbay local authorities. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that wants a flexible role, playing a meaningful and supportive role in the administration of the school’s local governing body and wider trust governance. In this role, you’ll be working as part of team of Clerk’s across the Trust and supported with excellent CPD opportunities.
We are seeking to recruit professional and enthusiastic individuals who have effective ICT skills, excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, along with initiative and enthusiasm. Supported and trained by the Trust, you will work at the direction of the Clerk to the Board of Directors, providing support to school’s local governing body. You’ll have relevant experience and transferable skills to provide an efficient and professional service to a Local Governing Body, including minute taking, engaging in research of government guidance and policy, formation of agendas, circulation of papers and providing advice and guidance on procedural matters.
- Flexible working hours that can be agreed with the LGB, ability to work around your schedule. This may require attendance at evening meetings (up to 6 per year for smaller contracts).
- Flexibility to work from home with the ability to undertake meetings online
- Costs for travel to schools outside your agreed work base
- Excellent CPD Opportunities including a Professional Qualification in Clerking
- Ability to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (17.6%)
- Option to join cycle to work scheme
- Supportive employee assistance scheme, providing professional and personal support
- 13 weeks holiday per year
We would welcome applications from individuals applying for any hours ranging between 5 to 30 hours per week, on term time 39 weeks a year basis. Please state your preference of hours on your application. For an application form and further details please see the following website: www.stchristophersmat.org Please send completed applications to HR@stcmat.org.
To enquire for further details of an application please email HR@stcmat.org or call 01392 241576.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS and satisfactory references are required for this post.